Thursday 6 January 2011

Personal project

As part of our second year we've been given the luxury of writing and designing our own brief. The aim is to create a project that further explores what we're really interested in and possibly the area we'd like to go into after graduation (eek!).

After a tutorial with Rose I've decided to take a project which will hopefully push me and teach me some new and exciting ways of working. The project should consist of limiting myself to a certain number of materials and also a certain number of methods and just really pushing this to try and produce some really interesting new imagery. I guess this would come under the category of collage.

I'm really excited to really get stuck in and really push myself with this project. I think like many I've sometimes fallen into the trap of whacking projects quickly out on the computer and I feel really disappointed when I do this! It'll be really nice to get stuck in and work organically.

Some books I've found really useful in the beginnings of my research include -

Illustration Play by Gingko Press




















The Picture Book: Contemporary Illustration by Angus Hyland



















Fingerprint: The Art of Using Handmade Elements in Graphic Design by Chen Design Associates
















Illustration Now: v. 2 by Julius Wiedemann



















Soul I-D by Tricia Jones



















Illusive: Contemporary Illustration and Its Context: 1 by R Klanten

No comments:

Post a Comment