Wednesday 19 January 2011

Interim Crit No.1

After returning from the Christmas break I had a interim crit in which I expressed my concern about the project. Although experimental image making is the way in which I enjoy working I cannot help feeling the project is a little flat. I feel that this project is the start of thinking what direction you want to head in and I don't just want to make attractive imagery for myself, I want my work to have purpose and be beneficial.

From the crit we came with the idea of working within the realms of art direction and creating a project around handmade work and celebrating peoples skills. Perhaps a magazine followed by an art sale congratulating and celebrating artists skills. Handmade work is something I'm really passionate. I think when you've handcrafted work it has a very special aura about it and is often work to feel very proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment